Bulk mail should only be considered when shipping over 200 pieces of mail. Departments are required to notify Postal Services when sending bulk mail. Failure to notify Postal Services will introduce delays! Bulk mail must be prepared as specified in the sections below.
Bulk Mail Permit-30
Postal Services no longer maintains unlimited funds in the Permit 30 Bulk Mail account with the US Postal Service. The account, however, continues to be maintained in the name of UNC Greensboro by postal services.
Departments may continue to mail at bulk rate, utilizing any of the following two methods:
- ❖ The mailer may be willing to write the check and then bill it as part of the invoice, although many mail houses do not normally do this. You should still notify UNCG Postal Services of your activity to avoid possible duplicate charges.
- ❖ The mailer may contact Postal Services or use our Bulk Mail Form. We will need the following information:
♦ Department making the mailing and Fund Number.
♦ Date the mailer wants to drop the mail at the BMC and dollar amount.
If you have any questions or need assistance with your bulk mailing, please call Terry Neal at 334-5620.
Preparing the Return Address and Indicia for Bulk Mail
Return address must contain the following:
- ❖ Line 1 - University Name
- ❖ Line 2 - Department Name
- ❖ Line 3 - Room Number and Building Name
- ❖ Line 4 - P.O. Box Number
- ❖ Line 5 - City, State, and Zip +
You must use the Permit 30 indicia printed or stamped in right hand corner. You can not just use a “BULK RATE” stamp.
Brochures must be tabbed in center at the top if 70# text or greater. If below 70#, 2 tabs are required for a single sheet. Do not staple. All pieces in mailing must be the same size, weight, and content.
Sorting Your Bulk Mail for Postal Services
Mailing pieces must be sorted as follows and counts shown on the Bulk Mail Requisition Form (minimum order of 200 pieces for bulk mail discount). If product is not properly sorted, your postal account will be charged $25/hr. to correct the mailing.
Sort to following NC first 3 digits of zip codes:
- ❖ 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 277, 278, 279, 283, 284
- ❖ All Other NC Zip Codes
- ❖ All Other States